If you have a cavity, or your tooth suffers minor damage, such as a chip, then you need repair. Otherwise, serious complications could soon arise, causing discomfort and the risk of tooth loss. In order to help our Dallas, TX, patients with decay or damage, we may recommend a dental filling.
Try Our Quiz on Lifelike Dental Fillings
- True or False: Toothaches could mean a cavity.
- True or False: We create them from lifelike materials.
- True or False: Placing them only takes one visit.
- True or False: Treatment helps prevent infection.
- True. A cavity forms when bacteria can move past the protective layer of enamel and reach the sensitive layers of dentin, leading to decay. Patients then begin to experience tooth sensitivity and eventually, toothaches. If you have pain in your tooth, especially following an injury, then see us right away.
- True. Instead of using metal, we opt for composite resin. We use the same material in our fillings and dental bonding procedures. A filling addresses a cavity, while bonding repairs minor damage, such as chipped teeth. The composite resin can actually be shaded to match surrounding tooth structure.
- True. The procedure starts with preparation. We remove any decay and then clean the tooth. We shade the composite resin and then apply the material to the tooth. We shape the tooth as the composite cures under a light. Finally, we polish the tooth for a more natural appearance.
- True. Treating damage and cavities in the early stages helps prevent infections and abscesses, which require more extensive treatment and could lead to tooth loss without immediate attention. If you have any questions about our fillings or dental bonding procedure, or if you think you may have a cavity, then contact our team today. Let us restore the health and beauty of your smile!
Do You Need a Dental Restoration?
If you have a decayed tooth, then we have a lifelike solution. For more information, schedule an appointment by calling Gentle Smiles in Dallas, TX, today at 972-329-7645 (972-329-SMILE).