As dental professionals, we often tell our Dallas, TX patients about the importance of checkups and cleanings. However, many assume that because they brush and floss daily, these visits don’t have an impact on the health of their smile. In today’s quiz, we want to talk about why having your teeth examined and cleaned is so important!
Try Our Quiz on Checkups and Cleanings
- True or False: We use advanced technology during our exams.
- True or False: The dentist will look for an array of possible problems.
- True or False: A cleaning helps prevent gum disease.
- True or False: You can enjoy a brighter smile.
- True. We want to provide an accurate assessment of your oral health and find possible problems in the earliest possible stages. To do this, we often implement advanced technology, such as digital x-rays and intraoral cameras. These items provide incredibly detailed images of your smile, which we can use to provide a diagnosis.
- True. We not only look for signs of decay, but also dental infections, gingivitis, and gum disease. We also look at the teeth for signs of wear, which could indicate bruxism (teeth grinding). We look at the jaw joints for signs of TMJ disorder and examine the oral tissues for possible oral cancer symptoms.
- True. During the same visit as your exam, we will clean your teeth. The procedure involves removing all plaque buildup from the surface of the teeth, as plaque can weaken tooth enamel and inflame gum tissue, leading to a greater risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- True. Another benefit of a cleaning is brighter teeth, as plaque buildup can make stains more apparent. The procedure also freshens the breath as well. If you have any questions about our checkups and cleanings, or if you’re ready to schedule one for you and your family, then contact our team today.
Ready to Schedule Your Exam?
We can provide preventive care to help you maintain optimal oral health. To learn more, schedule an appointment by calling Gentle Smiles in Dallas, TX, today at 972-329-7645 (972-329-SMILE).